2021 Festival and Covid-19
The safety and enjoyment of audiences is our utmost priority for our 2021 Festival.
We want you to feel welcome at the Festival, and that you can sit back and enjoy the performances as you have done over the past 6 years of Northern Opera Group!
The UK Government roadmap currently supposes a relaxation of all Covid-19 restrictions from 21 June 2021. We therefore hope that we can deliver the Festival with full theatres, and with plenty of opportunties for artists and audiences to get together over the course of the event.
We do recognise, however, that this may change. We delivered our 2020 Festival with Covid-19 mitigation measures in place (see pictures!) and we are commited to doing whatever it takes to make our 2021 Festival safe and welcoming for all audiences.
With this in mind, we have already put in place a number of measures for this year's Festival. We very much welcome you to get in touch if there are other measures you think we should be implementing. The measures below will be updated as Government advice changes over the weeks and months ahead.
- a one-way system will be in place at Morley Town Hall for audience entry and exit
- there will be additional stewards on-site to manage audiences and the venue (if you're interested in volunteering for the Festival, please get in touch)
- Northern Opera Group front of house staff will be Covid tested within 24 hours of public performances taking place
- you are able to cancel or rearrange your tickets for performances up to the day of the performance
- all ticketing is paperless
- all surfaces (including doors and chairs) will be cleaned prior to, and following, performances
- we are currently only selling Festival Tickets, which guarantee tickets to our double-bill of Savitri and At the Boar's Head on one the performance dates. This enables us to sell tickets up to 50% capacity of Morley Town Hall, before releasing additional tickets once Covid-19 restrictions are reduced
George Johnson Leigh